About Us and Why We’re Hiring
We construct “You Want a Funds,” the perfect budgeting software program round. (However individuals within the know name us YNAB, which is pronounced “why-nab”). For greater than a decade, individuals have been shopping for YNAB after which telling their mates what a distinction it has made of their lives. Google us, or learn a few of our opinions on the app retailer, and also you’ll see what we imply. We love constructing one thing that actually adjustments individuals’s lives, and now we have a formidable (if we do say so ourselves) ecosystem of apps, reside courses, and stellar assist.
As we wind down 2022 and put together for the brand new 12 months, we’re in search of tech-savvy, pleasant, Seasonal Buyer Help Specialists. This can be a momentary, part-time (23-27 hours per week), distant place starting in early November 2022 and going by mid-February 2023. When you’re a YNAB consumer already (or keen to study!) and are recognized for being useful, affected person, and superior, we need to hear from you!
We now have one overarching requirement relating to becoming a member of our staff—even quickly: our Core Values have to actually click on with you. When you’re nodding emphatically whereas studying it, you’ll most likely match proper in!
- Understanding of, or willingness to study, YNAB.
- Tech-savvy. We’re not saying you have to know C++, however navigating a number of applications directly and troubleshooting technical points shouldn’t scare you
- Wonderful written English
- Obtainable to work 23-27 hours per week, with shifts between 4 and eight hours (together with a Saturday or Sunday)
Extra about our excellent Seasonal Help Rep…
January is our busiest time of the 12 months! We obtain hundreds of messages from outdated and new YNABers alike who need to begin off the 12 months on the appropriate foot. We would like you to hitch our devoted assist staff to assist us reply every of those messages in a pleasant and well timed method.
You can be the face of YNAB. We’ll prepare you to reply the commonest questions our customers have so that you’ll have the ability to make a distinction out of your very first shift.
You gained’t thoughts answering the identical query a number of occasions in the identical shift, as a result of it’s a distinct buyer every time—one other likelihood to make somebody’s day.
You’re additionally capable of change gears comparatively rapidly. You might reply a number of bank card questions in a row, then effortlessly swap to a direct import subject whenever you come throughout it.
You handle to exceed expectations even whenever you ship a distinct reply than the shopper hoped for.
that pace of response is extraordinarily essential, however you may stroll that fantastic line between pace and accuracy. You’re a grasp of being direct and pleasant throughout the identical sentence.
You’re a staff participant. that your efficiency impacts the staff as a complete, and are continuously striving to make your self, and thus the staff, higher.
You love taking that one little further step past what’s anticipated. You’re artistic in that means.
Who You’d Be Working With:
Natalie & Renae are on our assist onboarding staff and will likely be your managers throughout your time at YNAB. They’ve the unbelievable privilege of strolling you thru all of the ins and outs of YNAB assist. Together with your complete onboarding staff, they’re excited to be proper there with you as you’re employed within the queue. You’ll have many alternatives to ask questions, get suggestions and obtain loads of digital high-fives.
Your staff of fellow seasonal assist reps will probably be a number of the finest individuals you’ve ever labored with. You might be unfold over the globe, however you’ll come collectively in your Slack (our inner communication platform) channels for a fast howdy earlier than hopping into the queue.
A Day within the Life:
You’re usually scheduled for a 5 hour shift, however issues are busy within the queue this week and you’ve got some flexibility in your schedule, so that you provided to work six hours in the present day. That further hour means much more customers you get to thrill along with your responses.
You begin your shift by checking for any latest updates and bulletins. As soon as caught up there, you shut Slack to reduce distractions as you head into the queue.
Your first cease is your follow-ups. You had yesterday off, so your teammates took care of most of them, however there are a number of that got here in earlier this morning—together with some from customers letting you realize your final responses solved their points completely, so your day is off to an important begin!
Then, new conversations will likely be routed to you and also you’ll reply to every one. You’re usually stunned by the complexity of the questions you see, however you’re excited for the problem every one brings. And you realize you may hand off those past your degree, and plan for a while out of the queue to fill in these information gaps.
Right this moment you will have your one-to-one assembly along with your supervisor, so that you pop in your headphones and hop on a video name to speak about your metrics, targets, and a few tough conversations you need a second opinion on.
Earlier than you realize it your work day is over, so that you say goodbye to your staff in Slack, change your Slack standing, and rapidly scan your activity checklist and calendar for tomorrow. Glad with the day’s work, you shut your laptop computer and transfer on with the remainder of your day.
You’re who we’re in search of in case you:
- Are a superb self-manager and might meet the efficiency expectations set by your supervisor.
- Can decide to a set schedule of 23-27 hours per week, with shifts between 4 and eight hours (together with a Saturday or Sunday)
- Worth excellence and steady enchancment. On the identical time.
- Have wonderful written English.
- Perceive how each assist response is an expression of the YNAB tradition and model.
- Are thought of a stellar communicator.
- Love brightening somebody’s day.
- Can tactfully ship troublesome information and get a thanks for it. You’re that good.
- Take pleasure in rolling with the punches and making an attempt stuff you haven’t ever accomplished earlier than.
- Aren’t afraid to ask questions and are available to each 1:1 with matters to debate.
- Are wildly productive and unbiased, however a team-player at coronary heart.
- Have a dependable laptop computer or laptop for work (a pill or Chromebook gained’t fairly reduce it for a number of the applications we use).
- You already use and love YNAB.
- You will have Buyer Help expertise.
- You can be found to work someday between 4pm and 10pm UTC.
Pay for this seasonal place will likely be $18 USD per hour
YNAB is an equal alternative employer. We consider range of backgrounds, beliefs, talents, and experiences to be crucial to our success and are captivated with making a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative surroundings for all staff. All are inspired to use as we proceed to develop a sensible, hard-working, and various staff who love working collectively to construct one thing that issues.
The way to Apply
Please notice that whereas YNAB is totally distant, as a result of this explicit function is a short-term, momentary place, you need to both reside exterior the U.S. or reside in one of many following states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin. We’re additionally not capable of rent in the UK for this function.
- Write a canopy letter (hooked up as a PDF) introducing your self explaining why this place pursuits you and why you’ll be an important match. Cowl letters are supposed to promote, so promote us!
- On a separate web page of your cowl letter, reply the next questions (with every response being a few paragraph in size):
- What’s your secret to nice buyer assist?
- What excites you most about this place?
- Inform us a few time whenever you needed to study one thing new to excel at your job.
- What hours of the day give you the results you want? What days of the week are off limits?
- As talked about, we’d like seasonal staff who can work from early November (November 7, to be actual) by mid-February, please tell us in case you have any day without work wants throughout this time.
- Connect your resume as a PDF.
- Deadline for purposes is 11:59pm ET on October 1, 2022. Agency. It’s an actual deadline.
We will’t wait to listen to from you!
P.S. We’ll ship you a affirmation e-mail when you apply. Please add that e-mail to your protected sender checklist, to make sure that future emails come by. (When you don’t obtain it, please verify your promotions inbox, junk folder, or any filters you could have arrange.)
P.P.S. Please bear in mind that whereas we’ve traditionally saved a gaggle of seasonal assist specialists past the preliminary seasonal time interval, this 12 months we don’t intend to transform any momentary contracts into everlasting ones. You may anticipate this function to final now not than 16 weeks.